Looking for an data encryption alternative to Boxcryptor?
Boycryptor was acquired by Dropbox at the end of 2022. This means that Boxcryptor will no longer be available for new customers. Existing customers cannot acquire new licenses. Some of them might decide to look for an alternative.
This raises the following questions:
- – What happens to your data?
- – How do you continue to ensure the security of your cloud data?
- – What is the alternative to Boxcryptor?
Whether you are currently looking for a new solution or want to migrate from Boxcryptor: conpal LAN Crypt is the secure alternative for reliable, complete data encryption.
Reliable file encryption – in the cloud, on the internal server, and on mobile devices
conpal LAN Crypt is the encryption software for all-in-one, reliable protection of your data in all locations. Thanks to role-based and transparent encryption, working with data securely on all end devices is particularly easy for end users, as is management for IT administrators.
Future-proof – as a company that has been established for decades, we stand for reliability and customer-centricity. Our “perpetual” license allows you to use conpal LAN Crypt indefinititely. Unlike with a subscription, you don’t risk a provider suddenly cancelling you.
- Security for your cloud data – for Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Dropbox, Google Drive and all other popular cloud platforms.
- Zero Knowledge – neither the cloud operator nor conpal have access to your data or key material
- On mobile and cross-platform – conpal LAN Crypt supports multiple operating systems and provides secure mobile data access
- Secure sharing of sensitive data with external parties
- Transparent encryption – No change in your employees’ workflow
- Flexible licensing model – pay only for what you need
- Professional support – directly from the manufacturer
Function overview – Boxcryptor vs conpal LAN Crypt
|conpal LAN Crypt||Boxcryptor|
|Storage location Cloud Storage (OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc.)|
|Storage location network drives|
|Storage location Teams||(1)||(1,2)|
|Enforcing centralized encryption policies||(3)|
|Secure sharing with external parties|
|Key sovereignty remains with customer, even after license ends||(4)|
*1 via ‘Local Sync’ folder
*2 restricted / only via Boxcryptor tab
*3 restricted / only in predefined locations
*4 requires timely manual export
conpal LAN Crypt Client Screenshots
About conpal GmbH
conpal GmbH is a leading, independent provider of IT security solutions for the protection of confidential data by means of encryption and authentication. This protection covers all data, regardless of whether data storage is local, mobile, on networks or in cloud environments.
The solutions of conpal GmbH are being used in numerous companies as well as economic and public administration organizations to ensure that only authorized users can retrieve sensitive information. They meet the typical requirements of enterprise customers, are flexible when it comes to mapping organizational structures, easy to roll out and scalable. The conpal LAN Crypt data-centric encryption solution operates in the background, mostly invisible to the user, and is easy for IT staff to manage using existing roles and policies.
Boxcryptor is a registered trademark of the Secomba GmbH. The conpal GmbH has no business relationship with Secomba. The naming of the Boxcryptor trademark does not imply any statement by the trademark owner regarding the suitability of the services advertised here.